Kids love hoverboards. They’re cool, fun and unlike any other mode of personal transportation, but with so many models available on the market, which is the best hoverboard for kids and what safety features should you be looking out for?
Firstly, you should buy a board with all the relevant CE and UL safety certifications – every hoverboard sold at Official Hoverboard has these. Hoverboard age is another factor to consider - children under the age of eight shouldn’t ride a hoverboard and helmets, knee-pads and elbow pads are a must in case of falls.
There are various sizes of hoverboard available on the market and the ideal starter hoverboard for kids is a 6.5” wheel model – it’s perfect for riding indoors where there are tight spaces and outdoors on flat surfaces. You should also consider buying one of the slower hoverboards as some can reach speeds of up to 16km/ph and are only recommended for adults or teenagers.
Here are some of our top picks when it comes to hoverboards for kids:
- T581 Hoverkart Bundle 6.5” All Terrain Bluetooth & LED - meet the ultimate kids’ hoverboard. The Hoverkart Bundle turns the hoverboard into a go-kart, meaning your child is less likely to topple off and can race it to their hearts content, without raising your blood pressure. What’s more, there are built in Bluetooth speakers and bright LED lights. It’s so cool, you’re going to want to give it a go yourself, which is okay, because it’s for big kids too. Price £259.99.
- Pink Galaxy Special 6.5” Disco All Terrain Bluetooth & LED Official Hoverboard – this nifty little number has a top speed of 12km/h, solid rubber grip tyres for a stable ride, built in Bluetooth speakers and bright multi-coloured LED lights. It also comes with intelligent auto balance technology and a free carry case. Price £219.99.
- T851 – Pink 6.5” All Terrain Bluetooth & LED Official Hoverboard. For kids that want to go off road, the rugged tyres on this all terrain classic mean they can ride on a range of surfaces. It comes with built in Bluetooth speakers and bright LED lights. Price £229.99
- Hoverkart Bundle 10” All Terrain Official Hoverboard – for bigger kids after a thrilling off-road ride, this bundle is unbeatable. You can turn this rugged all terrain hoverboard into go kart in seconds and hey presto, you’re ready to race, add tricks to your repertoire and feel as if you are going a lot faster than the maximum speed of 14 km/h. With 10” inflatable rubber tyres, built in Bluetooth speakers and precise gyro control. Price £289.99
- White 6.5” Classic Disco LED Official Hoverboard - you can’t quibble with the price of this classic. For a little over £200 you’re getting a great hoverboard for kids with gyro control and intelligent auto balance technology, Bluetooth speakers and multicoloured lights are an added bonus and it comes with a free carry case worth £9.99. Price £209.99.
Explore our range of Hoverboards for kids at Official Hoverboard.